Volunteers assist the classroom teacher and staff in creating an environment in which the children are free to develop to their fullest potential.
Carries out the direction of the teacher which may include:
- Supervision of small groups of children.
- Working with individual children.
- Assisting the staff with snack, lunch, and clean up.
- Assisting the children with hygiene needs (i.e., tooth brushing, hand washing).
Acts as a role model for children by:
- Dressing appropriately
- Using a calm and quiet voice.
- Being sensitive to the needs of the children.
- Eating and drinking only what the children do, when the children do, and when extra classroom food is available. No outside food or beverages will be allowed.
Gives input to staff during volunteer time, parent committee meetings, field trips, parent activities, etc.
Volunteers must be in good health, free of all communicable disease.
Volunteers must be willing to take direction, guidance, and feedback from teacher.
Click here to sign up for the next Volunteer Training in Robert, LA